Create a BlueFirePoker Video » General Discussion

• BillyMurphy BillyMurphy Administrator Poker Pro
    32 Posts
    Create a BlueFirePoker Video
    28 Mar 2011 at 11:56pm

We want to hear what you the members would like to see.  Be as creative as you'd like.  List your ideas in this thread.  We'll then take a handful of the ideas and have a member's vote on what the video should be.  If it goes well, we'll do more of these.

• Jokinator Jokinator Poker Newbie
    24 Posts
    Re: Create a BlueFirePoker Video
    29 Mar 2011 at 7:36am

Punketty + Giggy part 3

some kind of a quiz video series, where you discuss certain spots, without knowing what the coach will do

another series where a coach becomes a mentor for a member - and pushing him through the limits

• Nexgen Nexgen Poker Apprentice
    193 Posts
    29 Mar 2011 at 11:17am

1) Phil Galfond commentating some high stakes poker episodes he appeared in!

or the $100,000 game poker after dark with Seed, Dwan, Ivey..

2) A video of 6 (or 9) Blue Fire Pros playing at the same table - Mid/High Stakes

With every players at the table talking about each moves. The idea is this: we assume that Player A raise from UTG, all fold to Button who make a re-raise.

In the first time, UTG would say why is he raising from this position with his hand (standard) and will he call if he gets 3bet. then the commentating gets reversed and we would hear Button's point of view, what type of hand UTG is opening with and let's see how is he going to react with my 3bet. etc until the last decisions betweens those two players. what do you think ?

3) More Philosophy videos, with for example, how philosophical aspect of poker could help to understand things in life that could help to understand things in poker. (easy huh?)

I know those videos are made to make people more aware at the table, but still, I think that talking about philosophy between life and poker could be interesting,even though it could be a tough work.

4) Member review video BUT with the professor and the pupil talking about every hands on Skype while the video is recording, with the toughts of the player being coached and then the professor thoughts.

5) Video talking about Holdem/Pot Limit Omaha evolution, is it still possible to make it through with such a tough level today at NLHE and PLO ?

I'll watch this thread, I might have other ideas coming... take care everyone

PS: On the user profile, there is a mistake at 'Userame' which needs to be corrected  'Username'

• MoniesRemovalPLC MoniesRemovalPLC Poker Apprentice
    239 Posts
    29 Mar 2011 at 2:59pm

all about rivers please, just a ton of stuff about one of the most difficult and potentaillly profitable streets in NLHE, ive found lately more players are using river CRs and overbets and all that cool stuff, i think itd make a great series

• BillyMurphy BillyMurphy Administrator Poker Pro
    32 Posts
    29 Mar 2011 at 3:15pm

Monies,

Have you checked out Niman's video on rivers?(I can't remember if it was check-raises on rivers or what exactly) It was really good.

239 Posts
    Re: Re: Create a BlueFirePoker Video
    29 Mar 2011 at 4:14pm

BillyMurphy wrote:

Monies,

Have you checked out Niman's video on rivers?(I can't remember if it was check-raises on rivers or what exactly) It was really good.

na but i will do thx, prob not the greatest idea then haha

• Thebowskii Thebowskii Poker Prodigy
    324 Posts
    29 Mar 2011 at 5:36pm

OOP video discussing better times to c/c vs c/r, c/r barrel off, c/c float, times to c/r turn stop and go turn mini-stop and go turn.  

Donking vs. c/r vs villains that check back, how to deal with players that raise turn donk bets.  IMPORTANCE/Technique of playing medium strength draws with non-showdown value OOP vs more aggressive opponents <-- how we can CREATE A c/r DYNAMIC where we can c/r any OESD,Backdoors +over,FD and avoid spewing $.

More or less a theory video on playing OOP in both Single raised pots and some connection to 3bet pots OOP *although it occurs much less*

Video series on barreling versus thinking players i.e when a blank becomes a scare card.

• Cubixruber Cubixruber Poker Newbie
    29 Posts
    29 Mar 2011 at 7:44pm

I think they may have done this on Pokervt before, but i really liked the idea so i thought i would bring it up here. Play a 6 max NL hold em or PLO cash game with one of the pros and 5 other bluefire members. Then have all of the members send their hand histories to the pro. They can then do a video series from everyone's point of view on the game. I believe that this would really give a good outlook on game flow and how people tend to successfully (or unsuccessfully) adjust to player tendancies.

239 Posts
    30 Mar 2011 at 3:56pm

just purely out of selfishness i d like to see a BF pro play a bunch of FRrush and make a vid series documenting the transition / adjustments necesary - i realise this is highly unlikely since non of them already play it, but if you dont ask you dont get :)

• Thebowskii Thebowskii Poker Prodigy
    324 Posts
    Re: Re: Create a BlueFirePoker Video
    30 Mar 2011 at 10:27pm

MoniesRemovalPLC wrote:

just purely out of selfishness i d like to see a BF pro play a bunch of FRrush and make a vid series documenting the transition / adjustments necesary - i realise this is highly unlikely since non of them already play it, but if you dont ask you dont get :)

haha check out Giggy's video

20NL6M:
    check back = weak IP WPI

Rush Poker Baby (1)